Job opening: Assistive Technology
Assistive Technology Instructor, Part-Time Per Diem
This position is estimated at 10-20 hours per week initially, and as we grow it could turn into a full-time position with benefits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Rehabilitation, Education or related field.
• Minimum of one year of instructional experience, strong teaching and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledgeable about various assistive computer software programs for the blind and visually impaired such as ZoomText and JAWS, as well as various computer operating systems and tablet/smartphone/device accessibility.
• Local travel within Lighthouse’s five county service area is required – must have own reliable vehicle and good driving record. Travel time is paid at one-half the hourly instructional rate and mileage is reimbursed subject to Lighthouse policy.
• Pass level 2 background check.
• Assess individual client needs for assistive technology training at clients’ homes, job sites or a Lighthouse facility as needed.
• Develop, in conjunction with the client (and referring agency if applicable), goals to be accomplished during training.
• Develop instructional materials and lesson plans for use in teaching assistive technology devices and programs to clients.
• Provide instruction in computer, tablet and smartphone functions and assistive technology programs and devices such as ZoomText, JAWS, etc. as needed.
• Assess client’s progress toward meeting his/her goals and work to overcome any obstacles to progress, coordinating with referring agency and other staff if applicable.
• Extensive report-writing and record-keeping to document clients’ progress including assessments, goals, daily and monthly progress.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please! Lighthouse of Manasota is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer with a drug-free workplace.